This week I was inspired by Wahaca’s black bean quesadillas to make some of my own at home.
This is a fairly simple dish which is really filling but can also accompany a salad as a side. (It goes really well with a Mexican salad I like to make which I will save for another time).
- Take a tin of black beans and in a bowl mash them with a fork. Season with salt.
- If you like spiciness in your meals, add cayenne pepper to the mixture.
- Put a teaspoon of olive oil and place a tortilla to toast for a minute.
- With a spoon spread the black bean mixture on one half of the tortilla and sprinkle over with cheddar cheese.
- Fold over the tortilla.
- Once the bottom is crispy and brown, flip over to the other side to toast.
- A tin of black beans
- Grated cheddar
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Teaspoon of olive oil